Thursday, November 12, 2009

"Ms. Hales, I think my tooth meat fell out!"

So this week has been one that I will not be sad to see end. With Parent Teacher Conferences and Trey's hectic upcoming holiday schedule, our stress level has been at a major max!!
However, we were able to get a nice break on Tuesday and attend my brother, Brian's, first basketball game! He made the 7th grade basketball team a few weeks ago, and their season started off this past Tuesday. Now, even though he wasn't a starter, he made quite a run coming off the bench! Due the lovely rain tropical storm "Ida" brought in, we hit some awful traffic and ended up making it to the game during the second quarter.





Pre-entry chat with Coach Cheek (who, interestingly, was also Trey's college roommate!)


They ended up losing a heartbreaker...47-45 in the final minute of the game. Such a bummer! But, I am sure Brian will be working hard to continue to get more playing time and win some of those close matches!
Like I said earlier, Parent Teacher Conferences started this week...and boy, was Wednesday fun! Started out with 4, yes...FOUR, of my students going to OR. (AKA: Opportunity Room, AKA: Detention). RIDICULOUS!!! I was furious! One of them had been there less than 10 minutes, and I walk into the room and see fists flying! I almost lost my job....I was so ill with them. Needless to say, they did not, and have not, received ANY special privileges since then. However, in true fashion, one of my lovely students brightened my day like always!


This was how we spent the afternoon! Making marshmallow MONSTERS! :) They had fun...I had fun....nice way to end a horribly long day!
Good news is...conferences are O-V-E-R! So for parents out there, take it easy on your teacher during conferences...they are incredibly stressful and draining!
Tonight Trey and I found ourselves both at home before 5pm! What a rarely, and AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL gift! So, as we decided to spend some QT with Ruckus, Trey decides to teach her the word "outside" and to go to the door when she hears that word! Needless to say, it did not go quite as planned!





And of course, being the sassy shithead that she is, Rwwar decides to use this time to play and eat one of Ruckus's treats! She is so great!


After a long, and difficult walk (as Ruckus decided to be stubborn), we made it home, got a bath, and watched a little X-files over a yummy, home-cooked meal!!! I am so lucky to have a man that can COOK!....and well! 


As the holidays approach, I am getting more and more excited and ready! I already did a little bit of christmas shopping...and oh, is it going to be good! And in only a mere matter of weeks, I'll be chowing down on some turkey and then jamming to some Christmas carols while putting up some decorations!! Oh, how excited I am!


Until then....Happy Friday the 13th tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. ...I have so much respect for you and your profession. Couldn't do it...could not do it.

    I love you Ms. Hales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you!

    Problem is...I have just realized that I, too, won't be doing it forever.

    Lovin ya right back!

    ReplyDelete