Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ode to the New Year...

It never ceases to amaze me how things become so "robotic" come the new year. Everyone immediately begins thinking about ways to "better" themselves: lose weight, spend more time with family, get back in shape, eat better, be more organized, etc. Sure, a new year is a chance to try something new. Teachers view this the same way, especially when you get a new class. But the reality is...most people just don't stick with it. It lasts for a while, maybe you make it until April (give yourself a pat on the back for that one), but at the end of the day, we just need to realize, and admit, who we are and love ourselves for it. So...for my "resolution for the new year," I think I'll stick with something that betters someone else: I am going to take Ruckus for more walks.

If only we could harness the happiness of a child or an animal, I know my life would be way less stressfull and more full of light and excitement. Sure, I get excited when Trey comes home much in the way that Ruckus gets excited when I come home or how Rwwar sits in the window when she hears our car pull up. But often times, I don't give them the time they deserve in the evenings. I don't allow them to take away the day's stress and troubles which I know they could so easily because of the pure desire to love on me and be loved in return. Not to mention, getting out of the house does everyone a load of good and exercise releases endorphins. And to quote Reese Witherspoon from "Legally Blond:" "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." Therefore, getting out makes not only me a happier person, but also my wonderfully energetic pup! :)

I'll keep you updated on how well I do! Especially with all of this snow!

2 comments:

  1. I thought about this before and I decided I'm going to do the same thing! I need to take Reef for more walks, he absolutely loves to be outside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW! So does Ruckus, and I just know she would love me even more (if that's possible) if I gave her more time outside!

    ReplyDelete