Friday, January 15, 2010

Who said walking wasn't an adventure?

Yesterday Ruckus and I decided to brave the weather and enjoy some time outside. Ruckus is really quite a joy to walk with. She is always so happy and full of life outside. It is amazing the change that takes place as soon as the door opens or the minute the leash comes out. Since I adore her so much, the idea of partaking in her excitement really makes my life a little less stressful for those few mintues. 
So, the walk went something like this: Sarah walks 15 feet while Ruckus sniffs the ground or eats a leaf. "Ruckus" and whistles. :::run run run run:::: Now Ruckus is 15 feet ahead of me. Sarah walks 30 feet while Ruckus sniffs the ground or eats some tree bark. "Ruckus" and whistles. :::: run run run run::::: Now Ruckus is 15 feet ahead of me.  Seeing a pattern? 
She is completely incapable of walking by my side. Her puppy instinct take over and she transforms into a 1 year old with ADD! Occasionally she had to be reminded NOT to run into the road to check out the cars. Apparently she takes quite an interest in the scent of cars. Which is all well and good...until one hits her! So needless to say, probably a good thing that my headphone are broken and I am awaiting the arrival of my new ones, otherwise, I may not have a puppy anymore!
But the best part of the walk was "fetch!" Ruckus loves loves loves to play fetch...with anything and everything! And growing up with a dog who loved to chase things, but never wanted to bring them back, I am beyond excited that my dog wants to continue to play by actually bringing the toy, stick, treat, what have you, back to me! So of course, during our walk....she finds a stick! Little did I know we would now be playing fetch on the side of the road for 20 minutes! I am sure the cars enjoyed the show because Ruckus loves to run and catch things, and she sure did for those 20 minutes!
With all that action, I was SURE she would pass out when we got home, and well....I was wrong! She came back and played with Trey for another 30 minutes!


To anyone who needs a little extra fun and spice in your life, get a puppy! :) 


Until next time, Happy Exercising!

No comments:

Post a Comment