Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Life of the Coneheads

Future Note to Self: Make sure Trey has time off whenever pets need to be spayed.





Trey and I dropped off our little "darlings" at the vet on Monday, December 21 when he had the day off. Lucky me, I got to pick them up on Tuesday...when he didn't have the day off. Now, if you've never tried to carry a cat and get a 6 month old puppy to "stay" while you take care of the crying cat....you haven't lived. When I picked them up, I could hear Rwwar down the hall, whining and crying the WHOLE way. Little did I know at the time, this would be my life for the next week. Being the naive owner that I am, I was SURE that all I needed to do was love on her a little bit and she'd be fine. I learned real fast that this thought was false. She head-butted my fingers each time I put them into her cage in an attempt to calm her down. She sent her razor-sharp claws towards my fingers any time my hand was remotely close to her cage. And her eyes, well, let's just say I didn't look into them too much for fear of turning to stone!
So we get home on Tuesday, and this is how Ruckus spent most of her day.



This is mostly because every time she got up...she tried to pull at her stitches. Because, like a smart vet, he didn't give us cones for our two WONDERFULLY obedient pets.
So I survived the crying cat from the bathroom, and the whimpering dog from her kennel for the remaining 6 hours before Trey got home. During these hours, I decide that Wednesday, I will get out. The pets will just...have...to...deal!
Wednesday arrives and I awake with pure and utter elation at the thought of *WAHOO* getting out of the house! Little did I know that my excitement was equaled by my pets who were thrilled with the free time.....to pull ALL of their stitches out! On my way home, my wonderful boyfriend (who beat me home) calls and asks how the pets looked that morning. I informed him they looked just fine and I had even given them a treat for being so good. (Learned my lesson on that one!) To which he says, "welp! Looks like they had a good day then. Because all of their stitches have been pulled out." ARE YOU SERIOUS???? Groan!
So with Santa packing up his sleigh on Christmas Eve to see all the good boys and girls, I was packing up my bad girls in the car to once again...terrorize them!
And this time...they came back as CONEHEADS!!







Now Ruckus has been through "the CONE" before when she broke her leg, so while she didn't like it...she dealt with it. Rwwar, on the other hand, was not near as calm about the whole process. And she made sure that she was going to make it as difficult and uncomfortable for us...as it was for her. The means HOURS of crying at night...and my favorite, attempting to pull of her cone. This was her best attempt:


Until next time, Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment