Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Oleanders

Before I begin this rant, let me start by saying...the decision to invest in a puppy and kitten at the same time, while costly, has been one of the most fantastic decision I ever made. Ever since I lost Pepper, I knew in my heart, that someone needed to fill the space. Ruckus and Rwwar have done that more than ever, and for that...I thank them eternally.

HOWEVER, may God have mercy on her soul if Ruckus EVER poops in our bed again!

Now...let's back-track. Ruckus has been less than simple to deal with lately as she is beginning to enter the "exploratory" stage in her young puppy life. And like human toddlers....she eats everything. Pinecones, leaves, glitter, blankets...you name it. If it's something new, chances are...she'll explore it with her mouth. Lately, papers have ended up places where they were not originally placed. Clothes are found strewn in the most utterly bizarre places. And clothes hangers....well, they simply don't stand a chance. So, needless to say, we've had a watchful eye on her. Or so we thought...

Saturday night arrives and after a long dinner with the girls, followed by an entirely-too-lengthy session of Super Mario Brothers with Destin, Trey and I finally make it to bed. As I climb in the sheets, I can't help but be bothered by the stench that unmistakeably comes along with a decent amount of poop.  As my freak out begins, Trey is trying to settle me down by insisting he doesn't smell a thing.......that is, until he, too, climbs into bed. At this point, both of our heads have reached "boiling point" and I begin to hope and pray that I was simply losing my mind for fear of what my happen to my loving beagle pup! Unfortunately, not the case. As we tore back the comforter, followed by the sheet, sure enough....right in the middle of the bed. Apparently she had crawled under the covers only to leave a nice "good night treat" for us for playing with Mario and Luigi instead of her. The remainder of the night went by quickly as we stripped the bed down and Ruckus spent the night in the bathroom, and we both passed out in the guest bedroom.

Like I said earlier, there are no words to describe how happy these little critters have made my life...but let's just say kids are in the far away future.

As I write this little blurb, Rwwar is on the counter watching the sink drip...
....and Ruckus, well, she's licking the computer screen.

Until next time, keep spreading the love!

1 comment:

  1. SICK!!!! That is the worst thing I've ever read...you know how I am about animals..and if one ever pooped in my bed...well, I think I'd lose my mind. HAHAHA this is so awful!

    ReplyDelete