Sunday, December 20, 2009

"It's Christmas Time in the City"

So it's been a busy December in the Hales/Deaver household! I've been sick for about 3 weeks now, I'd love to say "off and on" but it's more like "some days are better than others." The doc said it was bronchitis, so I went through a round of antibiotics and some cough syrup with codine (to which I have determined that codine is a sick person's BEST FRIEND!) And now, well...who knows what I have now, but it's something new. Gotta love it.
Luckily, Ruckus has become quite the cuddler, as she loves to lay up on the couch with me, in the bed with me, on the floor with me, basically wherever I am...she is. At least I know I'm loved! When I can finally get her to realize that she is about 16 lbs and a little too big to try to play and run around while she's laying with me, well...then we'll be in business. Until then, I'll take what I can get. Since Trey works what feels like all the time, the company is graciously accepted!
Due to this sickness, I've gone through a million movies, wrapped tons of presents, slept more in the month of December than I did even when I was out of school in the summer....and the best part, happily shared my Christmas spirit with my lovely pets. The end result? They weren't quite as cheerful. Take a look!

Santa and "her" reindeer!


Sometimes I'm amazed they still hang out with us!


But at least they have each other to help them deal with the pain!
As I finally began to feel better, we got to go to the Falcons game with the family! Trey and I were especially pumped, because we love to go to sporting events AND got to get cool new Falcons wear!!! (Unfortunately, I don't have a picture.) My dad got us tickets in the 2nd row! We were like children getting all giddy the lower and lower we walked!


We sure did see some interesting characters there!


See what I mean?


F-A-L-C-O-N-S!!!

Unfortunately, they lost. 26-23. However, they were playing the (at that time) undefeated New Orleans Saints. So it was pretty close!
That night, Uncle Destin came over to exchange Christmas presents. Ruckus and Rwwar just love him! They usually get interested in new people, but don't play with them too much. Destin might as well be a third roommate, so whenever he comes over, Ruckus, at least, gets really excited!

Ruckus was first to get her gift! A new SQUEAKY soccer ball!!!

And of course, she LOVED it!

She also got a bag of "cookies!" Here she is VERY interested in the bag that Destin has. Later, she would get the bag stuck on her head after pulling it off the table to get the rest.


Next up, it was Rwwar's turn...and OOH BOY...F-E-A-T-H-E-R-S! She loves things with feathers! (Only now this is destroyed because Ruckus things everything in the house that she wants to play with is hers, including our socks and underwear!)


And of course, Uncle Destin's gift was a success again!
This past Thursday, Trey and I had a "holiday shindig." We had several friends over for a holiday dinner! We quickly learned that next year, we'll need to set a menu and teach some of our friends how to cook! The idea was for each person to bring a side, here's what we got:
  • Ham and Turkey (provided by us)
  • Chips and Salsa (hmm.....)
  • Brownies (that Trey ended up making)
  • Cherry Coke Salad (yummy dessert!)
  • Creamed Corn Salad
I guess 3 out of 5 isn't bad! The party was a ton of fun and huge success! We were even able to get rid of Trey's "scrooge-like" attitude about the party! Everyone was worn out by the end and ready to get home to bed.


The rest of the holiday season includes several more Christmas parties, visiting with friends from far away and time together with family! I am so glad Christmas has finally arrived in my home.

Until next time, Happy Holidays from my furry family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment