Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tis the Season

As the Christmas holiday approaches, I find myself with a little bit of time on my hands and the realization that much has happened since I last wrote. This Christmas is our third one together and 2nd in our own house. Each year we do things a little bit differently and I love that traditions are being built in our tiny family. Growing up, Trey and I each had real trees full of color and chaos. We decided that we loved this and wanted to continue this tradition on our own, so we finally go our very first REAL tree! Take a peek...

Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree
Like I said earlier, we have had some changes to our families. Trey's brother, Brett, got a new kitten affectionately named Kit Tey. Heather, Trey's cousin, got engaged and married. Jessica, Trey's cousin, got engaged. And Travis and his girlfriend had a baby. I love that I have grown so close to his family and have been able to share in all of these special occasions with them. Trey's family is quite large and mine is quite small and very spread out so we don't get to see them much. When we get together with Trey's family it's like having my home away from home. I have grown very invested in their lives and they have become an integral part in our lives as well.
This is Kit Tey. She does not like Ruckus or Rwwar but comes to visit us often!
While Kit Tey does not get along with Ruckus or Rwwar, she does tolerate them, and they have both learned to leave her alone. She is much more friendly to new people than Rwwar is, which is nice, but she growls...frequently...at our pets. But note how she and Rwwar are very similar. Silly cats!
Kit Tey sitting on top of the king mattress.
Rwwar on top of the same king mattress.
It is really fun to watch them not only get up...but also get down from this!
As for Ruckus, she is the same as ever...
Plastic bag from Triscuits
Trying to get the bag off her head. She got it on their all by herself.
As for this holiday break, most of my time has been spent snuggling on the couch with my favorite puppy dog and fella.
She doesn't realize how big she is.
Until next time, Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment