Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sweet Summertime-Revisted

Ok, so at the beginning of summer, I had a plan...and since I went back yesterday to begin setting up my classroom I figured (with less than a week left) that I needed to re-check my list and see what could still possibly be accomplished! So...let's have a look at my "Beginning of the Summer" list...

-Read 3 books a month (End of summer total=6 AT LEAST!)
I was able to accomplish MUCH more than this....partly due to my amazing birthday present, the Amazon Kindle, which I was pretty much obsessed with for a solid 2 weeks!



-Create a workout routine-not simply 'whatever I feel like whenever I feel it'
This was certainly not created...but I added several things to my routine, much to Ruckus's delight!


-Learn to cook more things from scratch (Food Network, counting on your website!)
Unfortunately, this didn't happen either! I was a terrible meal planner....unless it involved going somewhere to meet friends!


-Have more wine tastings
At the beginning of summer, I intended for this to mean "at my house with guests," however, we found these AMAZING classes at the Total Wine in Sandy Springs! So far we've visited "Tuscany" and "France!" Can't wait to see what the fall brings!


-Go on a weekday getaway
Unfortunately, due to some major bills (hospital visits, a new mattress, etc.), this was unable to happen...


-Take 1 day a week for just me
Most definitely! Some weeks...I took more than 1. It was so nice to just do what I wanted, when I wanted, and have that time to myself.


-Teach Ruckus to "shake" and the word "stick"
This one took new shape! Instead we're working on "stay" and "drop." Turns out Ruckus doesn't like her paws touched. Who knew!?


-Spend at least half the day outdoors doing something...unless it's raining
Stupid me....Welcome to Georgia Sarah! Where it's in the 90's before 10am! So I didn't spend half the day, but I did make sure to spend some time outside...usually before the sun came up all the way or after it was gone for the day.


-Put up the curtains in the guest bedroom
Oooo...here's one I still need to do!


-Find a shower curtain for the bathroom
YES! Finally...after an incredibly frustrating 12 months of searching for something to match our bathroom, I found it at Bed, Bath and Beyond (and didn't spend a million dollars!) Trey fails to understand the need for decoration...but he humors me! And.....he LOVES it!


-Spend more time doing fun FREE things around Atlanta and Alpharetta
Well "free" was not easy to find. However, due to friends who like to cookout...and Living Social Deals...we were able to do many things that were "cheaper!"


-Meet up with friends close by for coffee!
Hmm...shoulda changed "coffee" to lunch/dinner! That's basically how I spent my free afternoons and evenings in July!


-Teach Rwwar to clean her own litter box
As much as I'd like for this to happen....purely wishful thinking!


-Grow some YUMMY tomatoes!
So turns out the summer heat and tomatoes didn't like each other very much...and ours were quite small. HOWEVER, we did grow some amazing basil and aloe! So...can't totally complain.

I loathe this time of year because I am just "not ready." I am not ready for the routine, the early mornings, or the drama! But, I'm gonna put a smile on my face because I do love...NEW SCHOOL SUPPLIES!!!

Until next time, stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment